- New Feature: “Compose Tag” ✨
You can now compose a tag's value for multiple files, by specifying a pattern of text and metadata.
- “Convert Filename to Tags” was renamed to “Convert to Tags” ✨
because it now allows selecting a conversion source, which can either be the file name, file path, or another tag!
Yes, that means you can now convert a Tag to Tags, or the files' parent folder name to the Album tag for example, handy!
- New command: “Select Similar” ✨
Extend the current selection with files that hold the same metadata that the one found at mouse-location when making the previous selection. Yes that sounds complicated, but it's not: Click on some metadata, choose 'select similar' and it will.
- Added a general preference to clear the list on drag. When selected, dragging new files will then replace the contents rather than append to the list. Maintaining the option key down while dragging will temporarily reverse that behaviour.
- The “Create Directories” feature is now also applying the NTFS/CIFS sanitising preferences to the generated folder names.
- Added key equivalents for “Adjust Artworks” ⇧⌘J, ”Track Numbering” ⇧⌘N, and global string transforms.
- Changed the key equivalents for “Rename Files” ⇧⌘R and “Convert to Tags” ⇧⌘T.
- Completions taken from iTunes are now split by comma when parsed into Meta's database.
- When exporting playlists or artworks, the initial export location is relative to that of the selected files.
- In the event of a failure to save changes, Meta will now display an error, and offer to immediately fix any file permissions issues that may be responsible.
Thanks to everyone for your helpful feedback. Meta wouldn't be as great of a tool without everyone's input. Cheers!